Slava,

I did not check in yesterday as band conditions were rough, though I could hear Phil, though not easily. I have been checking in as QRP last few times and figured it would be "tough going" yesterday. I do use a 3-element yagi and can run 250w with an amp, but opted to try another time.

Reaching Oregon from NY may be difficult at times. Usually, I hear stations in CA, TX, midwest (IL-OH) and SE, but rarely does skip favor the east coast from Alaska. I appear to have a good skip distance into OR most nets that I can run the K3/10 without amp. Good antenna helps! (Hygain TH3mk4 at 50-ft)

Aside on running psk-31 on 14.040 MHz: I can do fine running 12w using the yagi. But it's hard to throttle back the amp by lowering drive: 3w => 100w; 1w => 40w at the risk of transmitting a lot of Tx noise.

73, Ed - KL7UW
http://www.kl7uw.com
    "Kits made by KL7UW"
Dubus Mag business: