From: Wayne Burdick [mailto:n...@elecraft.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 1, 2014 9:29 AM
To: John Fritze
Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: How to use the PX3's noise blanker

Hi John,

When you turn the NB on, you should see an "NB" icon in the upper-right
corner.

The menu also has a setting for NB level, which you may need to adjust. In
my case I've assigned both NB and NB level to FN switches so I can change
the settings very quickly.

With the NB turned on, you will observe one of three things in the PX3's
displayed spectra:

1. No change (because any noise that's present is too low in amplitude to
activate the blanker)

2. A reduction in "jumping" of the display (because the NB is having a
beneficial effect on the noise)

3. An *increase* in "jumping" of the display (because the NB level is set
too aggressively)

Some experimentation with settings may be required. Note that the KX3 also
has an NB function, with a similar level adjustment, but noise that affects
the audible output of the KX3 may not affect the visual output of the PX3
and vice-versa. Thus they are independent settings.

Wayne
N6KR