hi all,

> For most uses
> the RF noise is unimportant and it's one of the most difficult things for
> many who use these supplies to assess without actually trying the unit in
> the shack.

I agree, but I found out that a coarse measure for the quality of the supply is
just its weight. Plastic cases are lightweight and bad shielding. _No_ torroids
are lightweight and do not shield RF. So look for metal cases, many toroids
and the chance will be better that you will not have EMI problems with your
switching power supply.

The last one I kicked into the wastebin was delivered with my network
camera. (and it had nearly no weight)  I had to replace it with a linear PS to
enjoy 80m on my K2.

73! de Werner
OE9FWV

--
 Q: How many surrealists does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
 A: Two.  One to hold the giraffe and the other to fill the bathtub

PGP-Key: <http://www.qsl.net/oe9fwv/furlan.asc>
Fone +43 5522 75013
Fax +43 820 555 85 2621