To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Friday, March 24, 2006 12:20 AM
Subject: [Elecraft] K1 tuning range

I have built 2 K1 kits and used the 80khz tuning range both times without much thought, as I only needed 20khz or so for all my work. This has never seemed to be a limitation, until now. I have been working the straight key century club (skcc) freq. of 7120khz so have to use my K2 or Sierra. This hardly constitutes a hardship at home but I would like to be able to use my K1 on this freq. when portable, since it is my rig of choice away from the home shack. It seems like 15khz per revolution should not be a problem. This is still slower than my Sierra tuning rate of about 20khz. I did put a very large knob on the Sierra which helps fine tuning. Has anyone gone from 80khz to 150khz and regretted the change? Rick - K7MW