On 5/27/2017 12:14 AM, Wayne Burdick wrote:
I have a "new to me" KX2 along with the internal battery and charger. Inside
the KX2 battery compartment, is there supposed to be any sort of insulating sheet or pad
covering the circuit board?

No insulating sheet is necessary. The battery is double shrink-wrapped, there
are no parts on that area of the PC board, and there’s nothing sharp that could
abrade the plastic covering. It’s all quite safe.

There is of course a rubberized pad on the inside of the bottom cover. This
creates high friction to keep the battery from moving around.

Very good. Great radio and I just didn't want to mess anything up.

Thank you Wayne!

73,

Tim N9PUZ