We must realize and understand the e-mail system is not 100% reliable.    At the same time, most e-mail systems do have a provision to reply to the sender that the message has arrived at the destination.   This still does not assure the message has been read.    Another feature often found is to report back to the originator that the e-mail has been read by the recipient.    The fallacy of this method is very often the recipient does not confirm the receipt of the message, therefore the originator has no clue the message was either received nor read.

It largely comes down to each of us being more prudent with our e-mails and frequently follow up with a phone call when a response is not acted upon in a timely manner.

73

Bob, K4TAX