Over the past six months my KAT500 autotune function has deteriorated to the
point where I am getting frustrated. The KAT tuner is connected to a G5RV via
75' of  RG-8 coax and is fed from a KPA-500 which is fed from a Kenwood TS480.
I switch between between barefoot and amplified transmissions. Upon application
of a  40 watt tune, the tuner appears to find a suitable solution but when the
power is raised to over 100W, the amplifier faults to a high SWR, some bands,
but not always repeatable. The antenna and feedline have been inspected and all
OK. If I change bands sometimes it works at higher powers and sometimes not.
Other times it cannot find a solution on some bands and other bands are OK, low
power or amplified. If I cycle the power to the KAT500, it is OK for a while
and then it has trouble again. The problem appears intermittent. Wondering if
anyone has had this same problem.
Thanks de dave WB7ELY