I, too, have been thinking of an enclosure so it is easy to pack and haul
around in the "field". As others pointed out, this is one 'minimodule' that
won't spend all of its time on the workbench.

The next time I'm out and about where small plastic boxes are sold, I'm
going to look for a shallow rectangular box with a flip-open lid, clear
plastic on the top at least, in which the W1 can lie and be held in place
with a couple of screws through the supplied holes.

I see no reason at all to move things about on the W1 board. One can open
the top of the box to flip on the power switch and then leave it closed for
protection if needed. One only needs to see the LEDs. There are no
adjustments to make. If external power is used, leave the battery out and I
don't need to reach the power switch.

Ideally the box would be just the right width to allow the BNC's to stick
out through holes on either side as well as provide side holes to access the
serial jack and power connector for when 12V is available.

Ron AC7AC