I can tell you that moisture is a problem :(

last rove we spent all of Sunday driving around in pouring rain.
Unfortunately, the Jitney leaks a bit, and as the day went by more and
more water was accumulating here and there and one drip was landing
unnoticed on the low-band station K2. It started acting very weirdly
as you can imagine. We opened it up and propped it against the dash
with the A/C running + heat, and by the next stop not only was it
working much better but the overall gain seemed to increase quite a
bit!

de w1rt/john