[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Great news about HRD support for the K3

My first macro is a "tuner" command to replace the unfortunate "tune"
behavior of the K3. Unlike the K2, which drops power to about 20
watts, the K3 will use whatever power you are set to. This isn't good
for the tuner or the K3.  I have already caused my K3 to instantly
thermal trip by forgetting to turn power down to tune and then back
up.

For clarification, the K3's internal tuner *does* reduce the power when activated by the ATU button, (I think to 5 w). Bob is apparently talking about using an external tuner with the TUNE button, which does put out whatever power the radio is set to.
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco