K9ZTV wrote:
Why in the world would you want to use an external tuner when the K3 has an internal one?

Secondly, I own several LDGs and the ATU in the K3 is superior to all of them.

I like external tuners because I can use one tuner on a several different radios. I can use one external tuner with my K2, SDR-1000 and soon my K3, instead of having to purchase a separate internal tuner for each radio. I am sure that the K3 internal tuner is a better tuner, but it is a setup that works well for me, the LDG tunes the antennas that I have with no problem, and it saves me money that I can spend on other things.

73, John KD8K