Igor Sokolov wrote:
What about the DSP then. I experienced that myself operating from 8Q7 in the past and many others confirmed my impressions that modern DSP based radios are no good when pulling call signs from the pile up of many stations when the average level of that pileup is close to the MDS of the radio.
This is quite interesting. Forexample the old FT-1000MP is VERY poor in
this respect but that radio also has some AGC issues that could contribute.

73 Jim SM2EKM