-----Mensagem original-----
De: Ed Muns [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Enviada em: quarta-feira, 30 de abril de 2008 15:40
Para: py5eg
Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Assunto: RE: [Elecraft] RTTY ON K3 - PY5EG

> What kind of setup you have used for the RTTY contesting?

I only use FSK TX, not AFSK, and decode in parallel with a DXP38 and MMTTY
(sometimes multiple windows with different decoding profiles).  For SO2R
control I use the Top Ten DX Doubler.  No USB anywhere, all standard Serial
ports.  With the K3 I no longer use an external audio DSP box like the
NIR-12, nor do I use any additional audio isolation transformers since they
are built into the K3.  Currently I use WriteLog for RTTY contest logging
and will eventually migrate to Win-Test when enough of the SO2R features I
use are implemented (for both CW and RTTY modes).  I use TR-Log for CW (and
SSB) contesting so the USB SO2R/keyer interfaces aren't useable (MicroHam,
EZ-Master, etc.).  Once I migrate from TR-Log to Win-Test, I may upgrade to
one of these nifty USB interface boxes.  (Before someone asks, no I don't
consider TR4W an acceptable substitute for TR-Log.)

For PSK31 I use Digi-Pan which works great with the K3, just two standard
audio cables between the K3 and PC soundcard.

I use 400 MHz Pentium II towers at home and 1 GHz notebooks when away.  Just
standard run-of-the-mill sound cards built into these computers.

73,
Ed - W0YK