Hi Larry,

K3 troubleshooting is easier if you always blame the computer first. Do you
have a built-in microphone on your PC? Are you using a speaker with your K3
(built-in or external) rather than headphones. Is it possible that the audio
from your K3 speaker is being picked up by the PC microphone?

Differences between main and sub could be explained by considering left and
right balance adjustments in the PC.

I did not dream this up. This came up a year ago when someone wrote in that
his PC software was decoding RTTY before he even connected the line-out of
the K3 to the PC line-in.

73,
Mike K2MK