Class A equipment has pretty much always been a
self declaration process, not requiring FCC certification,
i.e. verification testing.

From: GRASSO%STKWWHDQ%ccsvm.stortek.com
Date: 01/07/97 02:32:32 PM
Subject: re: FCC Class A Label?

Let me see if I understand this correctly..

The FCC in an attempt to speed up the Class B cert process introduced the
DoC process.

Can Class A equipment use the same process?

Lets not forget about the new FCC DoC process. You can declare conformity to
the FCC limits (either class A or class B) if you are testing at an approved
site with uses approved testing practices. If you use the route of
declaration, a proper "FCC DoC" label must be applied.

Steve Chin
StreamLogic Corp.
Menlo Park, CA, USA
sc...@sledgehammer.com

The views expressed in this transmission in no way intentionally reflect those
of any being, be it living, dead, corporate, governmental, inanimate, etc.
They are mine alone.