Have a request from a customer to do a NEMA 4 Spray test. I had always equated
NEMA and the EU IPX series as roughly equivalent - and in fact have pumps and
equipment to do the IPX6 test but was double checking to see that it was
sufficient for NEMA 4. Turns out NEMA is about double the flow requirement of
IPX6 requiring 65 gallons per minute. Yikes! Anybody know a reason why that, to
me, outrageous flow rate.

I'll get the pumps etc. but that just seems way overkill so I'm just trying to
put some reasoning behind the number.

Gary McInturff
Reliability/Compliance Engineer

Esterline Interface Technologies

            Featuring
ADVANCED INPUT, GAMESMAN, LRE MEDICAL, and MEMTRON  products

600 W. Wilbur AvenueCoeur d'Alene, ID  83815-9496
Toll Free: 800-444-5923
Tel:  (208) 635-8306
www.esterline.com/interfacetechnologies<http://www.esterline.com/interfacetechnologies>
Technology, Innovation, Performance...
"Information in or attached to this e-mail message may be subject to export
control restrictions of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
(22 CFR pts. 120-130) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR
pts. 730-774).  Before exporting this information outside the United States or
releasing it to a foreign person in the United States, you need to determine
whether a license under the EAR or the ITAR is required to do so.  If you have
any questions about this obligation, please contact me."
Click
here<http://www.esterline.com/governance/email_disclaimer/tabid/1532/Default.aspx>
 to read disclaimer