Ag. System Administrator wrote:
> Hi All!
>
> David Seikel wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 31 May 2007 18:15:27 +0200 Nikolas Arend
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>

>>> Well, I'm not sure whether this is actually related, but I reported
>>> about problems with the language module (not yet fixed afaik). Its
>>> .desktop file wasn't up-to-date and therefore it wasn't even loaded.
>>> After modifying the .desktop file it loaded, could be enabled, and
>>> indeed showed up in the respective shelf. But after restarting e17,
>>> all modules were disabled and I end up with empty shelves. I see that
>>> language is in the list above, so maybe there's some connection.
>>>
>> Try leaving the language module disabled, or even uninstalling it from
>> your system and see if there is still a problem.
>>

> No problem anymore...
> Well, so we found that cause for bad behavior was language module! Die! ;)
>

>> I recently fixed up the .desktop file for the language and all other
>> e_modules modules.  The language module may have bit rotted while
>> it's .desktop file was out of date and so no one noticed.

Ah, good to hear. I have abandoned the language module for now anyway
and created a script which does the keyboard switching, but I'd rather
have the module back ;-) So if someone who knows the code well could
look into this, I'd be very thankful.
However, I don't think e17 should react like this to a faulty module,
maybe a kind of "sanity check" before actually loading modules would be
good. But off the top of my head, I have no proposition on how to
implement this since I'm not sufficiently familiar with the code.

Cheers,   Nick.