Agreed. This is easy to spec and implement, highly composable (it fits neatly
into the algebra of destructuring patterns everywhere, as opposed to just in
object property-name positions), has no problems with side effects, and does
not violate restrictions that IINM strict mode is supposed to ban (repeated
property names in literals).

The repeated property-name thing is a hack. It does not Say What You Mean (it's
a total surprise). It is not composable (it only works for property names, not
for array indices).

Worst of all, it will trigger getters twice:

    > let { b, b: { x, y } } = { get b() { console.log("BOO!"); return 17 } }
    BOO!
    BOO!

But if that's the only way to do it, then if you want to destructure a getter,
you will be forced not to use the hack, and to bind a temporary variable and do
a second destructuring on a second line.

*Please*, let's do this right. There's no reason to introduce hacks. I'm open
to various syntaxes, but I think `as` is nice especially because it could work
well for import/export syntax too. Lots of people complain about confusion over
which is the bound name and which is the label. IINM, we could allow both:

    let { x: x as y } = obj;

and

    let { x as y } = obj;

which would be a nice idiom for making it more obvious that x is the label and
y is the binding. Then this would be especially nice for imports:

    import { x as y } from X;

Dave