@David: I am all ears to your comments!

@Erik: As you may have read in this thread, it seems that the major request
is for the removal of comments. So, here I announce it: the feature has
just bumped to the top of the TODO list :)
Thanks for the pointers. I'll probably have a closer look at the functional
coverage of Traceur, as it has clearly evolved since I last watched it.

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 11:06 PM, Erik Arvidsson
<erik.arvids...@gmail.com>wrote:

> This is quite interesting. I really feel that the comment syntax is
> pretty ugly. Parsing JS is non trivial but it is not a performance
> issue. If you expect this to have some uptake I would expect it to use
> the "real" module syntax and not rely on comments.
>
> By coincidence I landed import support to Traceur last night. You
> might want want to check it out. It also doesn't use the latest syntax
> since the current BNF on the wiki is incomplete.
>

> http://code.google.com/p/traceur-compiler/source/browse/#git%2Ftest%2Ffeature%2FModules
>
> http://code.google.com/p/traceur-compiler/source/detail?r=f4f8788860f624ca1b02883890325cbb4ee9c1eb
>
> Traceur does have a CodeLoader that allows loading external js files
> but it is not very convenient to use at this point. We have an open
> bug to allow offline compilation of modules with external
> dependancies.
>
> http://code.google.com/p/traceur-compiler/issues/detail?id=87
>
> --
> erik