On 11/8/18 2:32 PM, Vitalie Spinu via ESS-help wrote:

Namespaced evaluation should work for R code as described above. If not, it's a
bug.

These probably aren't bugs but now that I've gotten things to a somewhat more manageable state my next problem is getting things working with polymode. When I'm editing an Rmd file and have ```{r ...} blocks polymode does the right thing and allows me and C-c C-r blocks of code and mostly the right thing happens. The problem is that I don't see the [pkg:...] line on the emacs status bar and my code seems to be evaluated in an undexpected environment. I'm not sure if this is a polymode or an ESS problem but is there someway to specify the pkg in which ESS should be evaluating code? Presumably when editing R code it's finding the nearest NAMESPACE file and using that but there could be some other mechanism. Should I be asking in some polymode forum or here?

I'm missing lisp's (in-package ...) forms that make it relatively clear in which context code is supposed to be evaluated. The NAMESPACE thing is a rather blunt instrument.

thanks,

Cyrus