On Wed, 16 Feb 2000, David Mandel wrote:

> This system prints small files (<16mb) fine; but the print system
> hangs whenever anyone prints a large file (say 16-100 mb); and can not
> be freed until we manually clear the print queues and restart lpd.

I would suspect that the old BSD lpd just cannot handle files of that
size. You might try lprng or CUPS.  CUPS seems really like the way to go,
but I haven't tried it yet and I don't see a lot of vendors starting to
use it.

Wil
--
W. Reilly Cooley                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
The LNX System: Linux for a 2U case.         http://lnxs.org

I go on working for the same reason a hen goes on laying eggs.
                -- H.L. Mencken