thanks all for the suggestions.

I can just use Linux for Web and E-mail and (printing as before) but use
Windows for my flash and testing with browsers.
Both machines have cd burners. I can do XML, CSS, and XHTML on both.

There are a few odds and ends where I can't use Linux for all my graphics
work - vector-bitmap graphics hybrid, 3d models, Corel Draw clipart.

BTW: my Sony Clie isn't supported with synchronizing to Linux yet

wish I could answer more questions but I don't feel I have the money for
bandwidth to learn about networking as I'm a disabled veteran and won't re
coup any money in doing projects for others.

---