Mike,
What voltage is your current pack?
Just last week I sold my Ford Ranger that had a 120V pack.
I was planning to put a Lithium pack in, but had too many projects
even though I had a Lithium pack sitting here for when the golfcart
batteries would be end of life, which was near.
But someone wanted it without the Lithium, so I still have 138V worth
of 180Ah cells that would be quite ideal for a Ranger.
They do need a BMS, but so would a Leaf pack at much lower voltage
and this is actually one of the main concerns in selecting which one to use.

I can give you some advise, but it is important to educate yourself
as you will be "living" with the results and will be your own first line
of support when you need to do some work on the truck.
Let me know if you are interested in this Lithium pack,
my other idea for use it is as backup battery, along the lines of the
Tesla Powerwall, as it is about 20kWh so much more than a powerwall
and I can store it on a shelf in my garage. Not as sexy looking but much more
functional.
But I like to see it go in a car as it is a waste to put this high power pack
away in a garage for standby use, while it can power a whole truck...

Cor van de Water
Chief Scientist
Proxim Wireless

office +1 408 383 7626                    Skype: cor_van_de_water
XoIP   +31 87 784 1130                    private: cvandewater.info

http://www.proxim.com

This email message (including any attachments) contains confidential and
proprietary information of Proxim Wireless Corporation.  If you received this
message in error, please delete it and notify the sender.  Any unauthorized
use, disclosure, distribution, or copying of any part of this message is
prohibited.