Mark,
Jon raises the critical issues. It would be neat if we had a standard.

Your CEO needs to be aware of these issues (not simply loss of data),
prior to implementing any policy or software solution.

Agreed, why don't we take this offline.
Can we set up a small forum to discuss the various alternatives?

Regards,
Steve