Ewwwwwwwwwwwww

What's the chance of just exporting everything to PST and then building
a new E2k domain?

-----Original Message-----
From: Karen McLaughlin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Posted At: Wednesday, May 01, 2002 4:53 PM
Posted To: Exchange Discussion List
Conversation: MS Mail to Exchange 2000 migration
Subject: MS Mail to Exchange 2000 migration

Greetings all,

Unfortunately, the subject line does not lie.  I am on a project doing
an MS Mail 3.5 to Exchange 2000 migration.  I am having trouble with the
MS Mail Connector and wanted some suggestions on what to try next.

We set up the MS Mail Connector on the E2K server, and defined the MS
Mail postoffice as being serviced by the MTA.  We have not done any
dirsync yet but tried to send mail through Outlook by sending a one-off
msg to the MS Mail type address of a user on the destination MS Mail
postoffice.  And then we tried sending the other direction and in both
cases, no workie and no NDR's. The queues are empty so I'm left a little
baffled...

Does the MTA on the E2K server carry the traffic to and FROM the MS Mail
PO?  Or does there need to be config changes done on the MS Mail side to
recognize the Exchange shadow PO?

Any other suggestions I should try?  I'm having trouble finding interop
articles specific to MS Mail and Exchange 2000, but plenty for legacy
versions of Exchange.

TIA,
Karen