Do they have Deleted Item Retention in place?  If so, how far back?  If it
is in place and the customer is running Outlook 98 or better then you are
all set.  Just select Deleted Items Folder, then go to Tools - Recover
Deleted Items - select the ones you want to recover and voila - you are a
hero?

If not then, begin your recovery on another server.  Use the Disaster
Recovery white paper from MS for this.  It lines things out step-by-step.

Nate Couch
EDS Messaging