We have outgrown our Small Business Server (4.5 with Exchange 5.5) and
want/need to move exchange off to a newer faster box.  The SBS version of
exchange however seems substantially crippled, no site connector or directory
connector. This, I believe, means that there is no posssibility to install
another Exchange Server into the site and use the move server wizard and then
remove the old machine. Shifting all the other apps ot the sbs machine is not
an option right now...... There are way too many legacy apps (in same cas=
es the "guru" who installed em and knew how they worked is looong gone).

From what I have read there is no "easy / automated  method" of moving
exchange to a new box with a different name or is there?

It seems that exporting all mailboxes and reimporting the data is my only
option... please say it aint so joe  :-)