Pardon for what may be an ignorant question. I've been plopped down in
the middle of a E2K Integration/Migration project (24,000 seats) where
most of the work/design/implementation has been done by Accenture and
our team is trying to rapidly familiarize ourselves with the environment
that's been laid out for us..

On a couple of our servers we've noticed an SMTP Queue "Messages with an
unreachable destination" that has been filling up with some odd
messages. They originate from the server they are queued up on, destined
for other servers in our org.

The from address is in the form of <servername>[EMAIL PROTECTED],
destined for several other <servername>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Typically the message size is 2,650 or 2,576.
Usually 90+ queued up, sent over the course of an hour.

>From the names I'm assuming its some internal exchange process for the
Information Store, but I can't figure out what and how to resolve it.
I've

I've had no luck with technet
There are no corresponding event log entries that have any relevance.