From: vin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2002 2:41 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Move server method

I am running exchange 2000(sp2) on a on a win2k(sp2) DC. What I want to do
is bring in a new server, put win2k on it, then move everything over. I
want to wipe out the old server, resinstall win2k(sp2), install exchange
2000(sp2) then move everything back. My company does not want the exchange
server to be a DC. I started to follow Ed's move server method. I
installed win2k sp2, installed exchange 2000sp2. Here is where the problem
is: the information store won't mount on the 2nd server. I check dns I can
ping the old mail server and the other DC's. It is installed in the same
domain as the 1st exchange server.

I receive the following in the event viewer:

The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error:
The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available.  Either there are
network problems or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is down for
maintenance.
The MAPI provider failed.
Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store
ID no: 8004011d-0526-00000000

I found a q article form microsoft saying to check to see if the
"SeSecurityPrivilge" right is found. I check the DC's and none had it. I
went to our first DC and ran the fix and that did not work. I'm not sure
where I went wrong. Has anybody else had this problem trying to install
exchange 2000 on a second server? My administrator said to run the ADC but
I thought that was only for 5.5 servers which we don't have. Does anyone
have any suggestions?

Thanks
vin