From: Chris Scharff [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, January 19, 2003 12:52 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Re: POP3 & IMAP Prohibit Send on E2K

Previous versions bypassed the prohibit send as well IIRC.

On 1/18/03 14:09, "Fay, Mark" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Is this KB Article still on point, 247126?  It's dated 4/11/01 and only
refers to E2K with no SP.  I am deploying a 3,000 student E2K SP3 server
with POP and IMAP only clients with MB limits.  Obviously this will go BUST
on me and I need to change the design for OWA only, MAPI won't be supported.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;247126

The summary of the article is POP3 and IMAP clients don't use the IS as
previous versions of Exchange did for sending, since now SMTP is separated.
Therefore they bypass the "prohibit send" feature if the Mailbox is over its

limit.

Regards,

Mark

FAY CONSULTING, LLC