That's not entirely true. There is a decreasing rate of return from the
number of spindles, as the overhead exceeds the benefits.

I'd wager the increase was as much from caching, disk speed and controller
throughput as anything else.

Roger D. Seielstad - MTS MCSE MS-MVP
Sr. Systems Administrator
Inovis Inc.