From: Greg Deckler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 2:02 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Migrating from GroupWise 6.5

Yes, really. Laws are designed to define the floor. Ethics are designed to
define the ceiling.

No, I am simply someone that has a particular view of things that people
seem to be utterly fascinated with and keep bringing it up. I am not a
spokesman, I have an opinion.

I have come to my conclusions about you because all I see is talk, talk,
talk in your posts but nothing substantive. I have yet to see you make an
intelligent comment or argument yet.

> A personal attack from me goes sooooo much deeper, but I'll leave that be.
> On to bigger and brighter things!!!
>
> >>"And ethics are not passed as laws. There is no law that a company's
> employees cannot accept gifts. The ethics that lawyers and doctors
> follow are also not laws."
>
> Oh really!
>
> >>"This discussion is about the IT industry, as a whole or in part,
> >>deciding
> what is and is not ethical. We, as an industry, do that, not a
> legislative body."
>
> Now we're getting somewhere!!!  Tell me Greg, are YOU the spokesman
> for the IT industry?  Does the IT industry have "party" affiliations?
> Are Ed and the rest of the MVP's the "Liberal's" in this case where
> you're the "Conservative"?  Who voted you to be the spokesman for the
> IT industry and why didn't I/we get to vote?
>
> >>"Look, it is obvious that you are discussing something that you have
> >>not
> bothered educate yourself on, are not being honest in your
> criticism,...(bunch of other shinola)"
>
> Not educated on Ethics?  Oh, I'm very educated in many things, IT just
> happens to be one of them.  I'm just interested in how you came to
> these conclusions, actual facts to backup your statements, and anyone
> else who follows your beliefs if that is what you want to call them...
>
> NEXT!

Happy?