Kurt Jaeger via Exim-users <exim-users@lists.exim.org> (Mi 14 Aug 2024 15:31:35
CEST):
> The problem is that the autoreply driver looses the information
> on which sender is used to send out the mail (envelope-from is <>
> to avoid mail-loops).

Maybe I'm a bit naіv here. I'd set the From: of the autoreply to a
sensible value:

- to e.g. mailer-daemon@<mail service provider>, in case it is kind of
  technical message (as a bound would be), which gives the bounce's
  recipient a chance to complain at the mail service provider.

- to <original-recipient>, in case it is a "personal" autoreply
  (vacation message), which gives the autoreply's recipient the chance
  to answer the individual user.

In both cases the mail-from would be empty, but the mail: domain can be
used for DKIM signing.

IMHO DMARC requires from: <-> DKIM alignment too, plus from: <->
mail-from alignment, as someone else pointed out in this thread already.

Sorry in case I missed the point.

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann