Am 09.09.24 um 18:39 schrieb Andreas Metzler via Exim-users:
Hello,

I am not 100% sure what the best/correct dependencies for Debian's
systemd unit (Type=exec) are.

For reference exim git has:
Requires=network.target
After=networking.target

while Fedora, Gentoo, Opensuse use
After=network.target

and we (Debian) currently have
After=network-online.target
Wants=network-online.target

* I think exim.git's "After=networking.target" is a typo and should
   read "After=network.target"

YES. correct:

After=network.target

Except Debian has other or additional names I'm not aware of.

* exim usually will not be able to do something useful without
   nss-lookup.target and nss-user-lookup.target so these are candidates
   for After-directives. What about remote-fs.target or using
   RequiresMountsFor=/home or RequiresMountsFor=/var/mail?

Fedora did not do this.

best regards,
Marius