> sparaig wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@> wrote:
> >
> >> At arm's length I would simply say he will go down in history as
> >> popularizing meditation and making it a household word as well as
> >> lighting the spark, though I would give Chopra credit for popularizing
> >> it, Ayurveda as a form of alternative medicine some of which is now
> >> creeping into western allopathic medicine.
> >>

> > Interesting, given that Chorpa's meditation teachers number in the
> > hundreds, max,
and
> > the wave of publicity for MMY reached literally hundreds of millions of
> > people before
> > Chopra ever even became involved.
> >
> > Why would you say that Chopra deserves credit for popularizing meditation,
> > given the
> > above?
> >
> I didn't. Read it again.  I said Chopra popularized Ayurveda though MMY
> provided the spark.

Even that is misleading, in my opinion. Chopra's books, when he was still with
the TMO,
were ghost-written by someone with the the TMO. _Perfect Health_ didn't even
start out
as HIS book, but was the results of a collaboration of 2 TM doctors that the
Movement
later branded as Chopra's for publicity purposes. Certainly Chopra was the
chief
ambassador of Ayurveda and kept up his work after he left the TMO, but it
wasn't
something he did by himself.He had a LOT of people behind him for many many
years
before he left the organization.

Lawson