On Apr 27, 2008, at 7:19 PM, Louis McKenzie wrote:

> most of the pictures I have seen were of that other guy I have not
> seen one picture that even looked anything like Maharishi

Well then I'd do this: check out the picture the movement actually put
up when he died, a picture of him when he was at a Vlodrop celebration
a year or so earlier. It's the same Maharishi we all knew that
presented the world the idea of 'just meditate, twice a day, easy'. So
many people heard that that it might just have changed the world.

Before you were active here there was a gentleman from England IIRC
who shared the story of someone who had visited one of the astrologers
of India who still had hold--very old palm leaves--with all the
horoscopes of those who would visit in the future. Maharishi's name is
said to be recorded on these samadhic texts. In it, he is described as
1/16th of an avatar. If that is true then we all have to shake our
heads and say "oh, so that's what 1/16th of an avatar is like!" Well
then, thanks for virally seminating the idea!

Failing that, go to the website mum.edu and click on the link next
"founded by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi". It's pretty cool, characteristic,
and fairly recent. It gave me a smile.