--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Robert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  (snip)

> Movement,

>  (snip)
> This was also about the time, that the TMO was being dragged
through
> the courts, the puja revealed as being a religious ceremony, etc.
> I remember Jerry Jarvis being enraged that TM having been so
> successfully taught and the excitement of having TM taught in
public
> school, being short-circuited by the courts decision.
> Much of the emphasis to make TM a scientifically based technique,
and
> not in the realm of mysticism or religion, had suddenly been deemed
> religious rite and banned from public schools, etc.
> Jerry was saying how stupid the decision was and how angry he was
> about it, and that they had decided not to appeal the decision.

Although I respect Jerry enormously, I have to disagree with him on
this one.

Have any of you seen the SCI curriculum book for the high schoolers
that the TMO drew up for them to use?

I did. I was a student at MIU at the time and it was passed around
for us to take a gander at.

IT WAS A COMPLETE AND UNEQUIVOCAL RELIGIOUS BOOK.  All you had to do
was replace the words "absolute", "pure consciousness", or "being"
withe "God" and it would have read the same.  There was nothing
scientific about it and it would have been a travesty of justice if
the other side hadn't have won.

The TMO was just stupid in writing up the curriculum book. Talk
about "vetting"!  Well, no one vetted it, obviously, from the legal
standpoint of separation of church and state.  I assume that there
were a whole bunch of "yes" men around Maharishi telling him how
wonderful it was.  And there was no one to whisper: "hey, this is
great stuff but it simply doesn't pass the smell test when it comes
to separation of church and state."

All the TMO had to do was change some of its language here and there
and it would have passed muster.  But, no, that's not how things are
done in the TMO.

Maharishi, the guru, gets to do what he wants, the "yes" men --
afraid of losing their place in the pecking order of getting his
darshan -- don't say "boo!", and the TMO gets fucked over each and
every time.

And they have no one to blame but themselves.