> On Oct 13, 2008, at 6:44 PM, enlightened_dawn11 wrote:
>
> > I am implying that Mr. Hagelin is seeing the current events
through
> > the lens of his world view and having it make sense that way,
much
> > as the Lamas did- that's all.
>

> Well the prophecy you're probably referring to is from
Padmasambhava
> in the 8th cent. CE. It said "When the iron bird flies and horses
run
> on wheels the Tibetan people will be scattered like ants across
the
> face of the world, and the dharma will come to the land of the red-

> faced man."
>
> It's interpretation among lamas is sometimes controversial, but
here
> they are in the land called North, Central and South America, in a
day
> of cars (horses on wheels) and planes (the "iron bird" that
flies)...

I can think of several other interpretations for the verse you have
quoted.

I wasn't referring to anything that specific, though there may have
been many many things that Padmasambhava (beautiful name...) said in
the 8th century that non believers in Buddhist teachings can claim
are not accurate or true today.

All in the eye of the beholder, isn't it? not a bad thing, that,
though helpful to recognize it for what it is.