--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> [...]
He
> didn't say, "...through science, we see...".
>
> What was disturbing to me, in years of conversation with Mahesh's
old secretaries, (esp. one who helped put together what was to
become known as "SCI"), was how M. said he would use science to
forward his mission. Use science. But he clearly was not interested
in finding the truth about TM, TMSP, etc. He was instead interested
in creating a pseudoscience which could be used as a front for
selling his various services and appealing to western geeks, the
buyers.
> You're new here so you may not even be aware, much of this has
been discussed previously here in some detail. "Vedic Science" is
well known among Hindu scientists as a form pseudoscience and
Hindu fundamentalism. In India, in considerable contradistinction to
our western views, it is considered an extreme right-wing and
fundamentalist trend (here it seems very left wing). We see
remarkably similar parallels in the phenomenon known as "Creation
Science" in fundamentalist Christianity.

> Creation science is dogma that uses pseudo-scientific sounding
clap-trap to validate itself. Absurd.

I am not disagreeing with you, except in the value we each place
in "creating a pseudoscience which could be used as a front for
selling his various services and appealing to western geeks, the
buyers." the Maharishi always made his use of science clear; as a
means to an end. Everything, including you and me, was to him a
means to an end. you may call it exploitation or liberation,
depending on your point of view.