--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- On Wed, 10/15/08, Hugo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> > I find any nonchalance about breakthroughs like this
> > puzzling.
> > You do realise this is highly important and paradigm
> > shifting,
> > if true? Of course you do.
>
> The ME is a wonderful narrative, but as science it is junk. I think
John knows this in his heart, but won't accept it. The ME is now
official TM dogma. It is never questioned and no further research is
forthcoming. Its validity is exhorted over and over to the faithful
who know next to nothing about science. Any prima facia evidence to
contradict it is explained away by adding new pieces the
the "theory." Again, as science it is pathetic, but as a spiritual
narrative it is delightful.

It must be a drag being a TM phycisist, you can't insist on
empiricism as it's the opposite of vedic "science". You can't
just claim to like the food and the company and hang around, if
you want a management position, because science is so important
to the TMO's image.

The only solution is to sell your soul and get on with pushing
the UF dogma. This must have happened to John as he seems content
to be considered to have finished Einsteins work, which is
something I'd keep quiet about outside the TMO. Maybe he's
happier being a big fish in a small pond than an unknown in
the outside world.

Regarding the paper under discussion, I haven't found anything
that unequivocally demonstrates that consciouness has a quantum
element, let alone one that can propagate outside the body. In
fact, most people say it's unneccesary/impossible! Which is
why I think it should be tried again and again, and independently
until it's demonstrated one way or the other.

I heard Lawrence Domash said to MMY that we shouldn't be
claiming to know consciousness is the UF as we don't know
about that level yet. To which MMY replied "We are the leaders
of this field!"