It was interesting but I don't have a metric to compare it.  Was he
hooked up to a machine that would tell if he really was dead dead?

I know there are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in
my philosophy, but I still would like to see the physical causes ruled
out before I give his state of mind credit for influencing his body
after death.  There is no causal connection, it is just an assumption
bases on a belief system that this is what happens to people in a
special state of mind after death.

I believe in special states of mind, I just don't seen any connection
yet between them and how fast a corpse rots.  Medical people are as
full of superstitions as the rest of us. Dr. Mitchell Levy  was
obviously taken by His Holiness's personal charm and was surrounded by
super believers.  I don't doubt that many things can be experienced in
such a setting, but I can't take them at face value.  When Levy claims
that as a doctor he has no explanation for his continued body warmth I
realize that he is not coming in with an unbiased mind.  For one the
body could have been heated up in warm water by his believer before he
was brought in or as I said before, he may not have been completely
dead yet.  All sorts of weird shit has happened where a person
declared dead gets up off of the autopsy table.

So maybe something really interesting happened at his death.  I really
can't tell with the info I have from his report.  He is not viewing it
as a skeptic and this is appropriate since the believers at his death
bed are advocates for the opinion that the guy was special and his non
rotting is proof.  Under those conditions I would not rule out monkey
business.  But the doctor obviously has.  In this case the
extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof.  But even then the
assumption about the cause, if it is established that he rotted
slower, that it is because of his special state of mind at death seems
like a bit of a jump.  As I said before there are physical reasons
this can happen and we should explore them with experts in this field,
not just a doctor's report.  I don't have any idea how many dead
bodies this doctor has experienced.

Hopefully sometime in the future a guy like this will allow his body
to be tested by an objective group of scientists so we can see if
something unusual is going on.  Then they can begin to look for the
cause.