> > As far as I can tell, human consciousness has not differed greatly
> > from those people who lived during the vedic ages, or the time of
> > Moses in the desert.  IMHO, the human consciousness has always been
> > the same throughout the ages.
>
> I beg to differ, that consciousness has evolved along with
> everything else can't really be disputed. Originally I would
> have thought that we haven't changed much since we left Africa,
> then I read The Origin of Consciouness in the Breakdown of the
> Bicameral Mind by Julian Jaynes and the world changed, many
> things became clear that once were mysteries.

At the present time, most learned individuals are relying on Darwin's
theory of evolution to describe how humans have developed from the
primordial organisms on earth.  Pope John Paul II believed in this
theory as well.  As such, he considered the story of Adam and Eve to be
a myth.

Nonetheless, as I continue to read the passages of the vedic
literature, it is also conceivable that Darwin's theory may be wrong.
According to the vedic theory, human beings were created as offsprings
of the prajapatis, the universal progenetors or cosmic executives.  In
turn, these progenetors were created from the body of Brahma.  Brahma
similarly came from the navel of Vishnu.  So, there is a direct link
from the divine.

Humans therefore did not descend from the lower species.  From this
vantage point, a whole new range of speculation can arise as to the
possibilities of the human species.  For instance, it is possible that
there are humanoids in various sectors of the universe, which at the
present time appears to be unreachable.

If this is true, how did the progenitors travel from one sector of the
universe to the next?  According to present scientific knowledge, we
are limited by the maximum speed of light.

Further, the vedic literature suggests that humans have been in
existence for millions of years, which contradicts most of the
antropological studies today.

There are other ideas which can be entertained depending on the forum
members' interest in this subject.