--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, bob_brigante <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@> wrote:
> >
> > bob_brigante wrote:
> > > "Oliver Stone's "W.," a biography of President Bush, is
> fascinating. No
> > > other word for it. I became absorbed in its story of a poor
> little rich
> > > kid's alcoholic youth and torturous adulthood. This is the
> tragedy of a
> > > victim of the Peter Principle. Wounded by his father's
> disapproval and
> > > preference for his brother Jeb, the movie argues, George W.
Bush
> rose
> > > and rose until he was finally powerful enough to stain his
> family's
> > > legacy.
> > >

> > <snip>
> >

> > I wonder how many people will stay away because they are tired of
> Bush
> > in any way, shape, or form.  And some will stay away because it
> doesn't
> > dig up enough dirt on him.  It's playing up the hill from me but
> will
> > probably wait until next week to go see it.
> >

> *****
>
> I'll stay away because I rarely watch anything in realtime anymore -
-
> I turn on the captioning at home and watch it fastforward. Another
> good article on the movie:
>
> http://www.slate.com/id/2202341/
> "W. is the rare Oliver Stone film that had to tone down the
> historical record because the truth was too lurid. How the hell do
> you tell the uncensored story of a guy like George W. Bush? No one
> would believe it.

I went to see the film tonight...I'm a big fan of Oliver Stone.
'W' is a lot different than I expected. It is much more sympathetic
interpretation, than I might have expected from Mr.Stone.
The film wants to take you inside of Bush's psychology, and by the
end of the movie, you might just feel a little sad for our President
Bush.
By the end of this movie, you feel that Mr. Bush is a very lost soul.

By the end of this movie, you might feel that President Bush, has set
the stage for something very new, like a real change is needed.
He seems to set the stage for a landslide of change...
Obama/Biden '08.
R.G.