--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Hugo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
<snip>
> And I also think that the more you earn the more tax you should
> pay, Joe already earns $250,000, how much more do you need?

Oh, goodie, another contribution to my compendium
of inaccurate statements about Joe the Plumber from
the educated spiritually aware folks on this forum.

Joe never said he earned $250K; in fact, he said
what he earned wasn't even close. Turns out he made
$40K in 2006, according to his divorce papers.

What he told Obama was that *if* he eventually
managed to buy the plumbing business he currently
works for, and *if* that business ends up making
over $250K *in profits*, so that his *personal*
taxable income rises above $250K, THEN under
Obama's tax plan, it looks as though he might pay
more tax than he would under McCain's.

(I think that's a fine idea myself, BTW.)