> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Hugo" <richardhughes103@>
> wrote:
> <snip>
> > And I also think that the more you earn the more tax you should
> > pay, Joe already earns $250,000, how much more do you need?
>
> Oh, goodie, another contribution to my compendium
> of inaccurate statements about Joe the Plumber from
> the educated spiritually aware folks on this forum.

Whoa, hold your horses. I was only going by what he
said on the video, which was, let's face it, cunningly
edited crap.

I didn't even know who Joe was until yesterday and not
having the vote in your fine country wasn't all that
interested. Maybe I'll just let you guys carry on with
the debate without me.

> Joe never said he earned $250K; in fact, he said
> what he earned wasn't even close. Turns out he made
> $40K in 2006, according to his divorce papers.
>
> What he told Obama was that *if* he eventually
> managed to buy the plumbing business he currently
> works for, and *if* that business ends up making
> over $250K *in profits*, so that his *personal*
> taxable income rises above $250K, THEN under
> Obama's tax plan, it looks as though he might pay
> more tax than he would under McCain's.
>
> (I think that's a fine idea myself, BTW.)

Good for you.