--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> [...]

Notice that it's not the person who *made* the
death threats who is thought to need to apologize,
but rather one of the people *against whom the
death threats were made*.

Amazing.

And yes, Curtis, they *are* death threats. They
were made in a purportedly humorous context, but
when they come from someone who has spewed the
most vicious hatred toward raunchydog and me (in
my case for many years), the context becomes
irrelevant.

And they aren't death threats legally speaking,
but that isn't the point either. They don't have
to be to stand as examples of intense misogyny.

If you don't believe they express the wish--
perhaps subconscious--on Barry's part that
raunchydog and I die violently, preferably by
his hand, you're painfully naive about how the
human mind works.