--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "dhamiltony2k5"
<dhamiltony...@...> wrote:

> Om, Turq this was one of the more interesting things you wrote that
> hit kind of close to Fairfield.

> > I think that this is *exactly* the kind of "wake
> > up call" it's been needing for a long, long time.
> > I think it would be just *great* if this scandal
> > led back to participants in the growing operation
> > who are well-respected "first generation" members
> > of the TM community, not just the second- and
> > third-generation offspring, reacting to their
> > parents' hypocrisy.
>
> Well, you don't live here?  What i hear out around in town
> when i ask is that a family more behind this is not netted
> now.
>
> meditating family, father and son at least. Partying with
> kids growing up here. An open refrigerator stocked with pot.
> Open door policy. Inter-generational partying. Cocaine when
> it comes through. Some old guys trading sex with pretty
> young things for drugs too. In to the biz of growing
> medicinal where it can be, selling the surplus. Money
> laundering. Been going in this direction for a decade
> or so.
>
> What might you think now if this was in your village? With
> your young kids or other kids growing up in the village?
>
> Would you be writing a little different tune if you were
> living here knowing something more of what is behind the
> news headline, like this?
>
> Just wondering what your civic standard is when the back-
> story actually goes this way? Whether is in the meditating
> community or otherwise.

Well, let me start by saying that the "meditating
community" you describe is a hypocritical farce.

If what you are saying is true, OBVIOUSLY
Fairfield is *no different* than any other small
town in America. If there is a market for the drugs,
that means that the people who live in this "medi-
tating community" DID NOT FIND WHAT THEY
WERE LOOKING FOR IN MEDITATION.

That applies to them whether they are young or old.

If people were selling marijuana and using it this
way, THAT IS THE FAULT OF THOSE WHO MADE
IT ILLEGAL AND THUS MADE IT A THING THAT
CAN BE PROFITED FROM.

This could not have happened in the Netherlands.
It could not have happened in Spain, or in any of
the other places on the planet that have realized
that the way to handle marijuana is to tolerate,
control, and tax it.

It happened because fucking Puritans decided to
make it illegal, and to demonize those who liked
to smoke it as not only lesser than they were,
but criminals.

So -- whether it be my community or yours -- I put
the blame for this situation on the people WHO
MADE SELLING MARIJUANA A PROFITABLE
INDUSTRY.

That's you.

And all the people who think like you, if you
think it should be made illegal and treated with
Puritanical intolerance rather than tolerance.

What you are describing is EXACTLY the same
situation as, say, a person who was active in
getting legal abortion banned complaining that
the daughter of one of his neighbors died at the
hands of a back-room illegal abortionist.

The person who made abortion a crime is the
guilty party in that case.

The persons who made selling marijuana a crime
rather than find a sensible way of dealing with
it are responsible for the situation you described.
And, as far as I can tell, you are one of those
people.

You asked me how I would react to your scenario.
Well, this is how I react.

The pot dealer(s) fulfilled a NEED, a NEED
that was VERY present in your "meditating com-
munity," a NEED fueled by intolerant people like
yourself, who made it impossible to buy grass
in a controlled, safe situation. YOU made it
necessary for these kids to go to someone who
would take advantage of them.

If you want to blame anyone for this situation,
blame yourself.

If you had handled it the sane and tolerant way
that the Netherlands handled it, NONE of the
things you described would ever have happened.