> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, bob_brigante <no_reply@>

> > *********
> >
> > Vasistha's Yoga p.499 http://tinyurl.com/6xndt
> >
> > "If the teaching falls on a qualified heart, it expands in that
> > intelligence. It does not stay in the unqualified heart."
>

> Bob,
>
> Perhaps you should tell the folks who maintain
> http://www.tm.org that they should update their
> pages with this new information. Just to help out,
> I have placed a few of the quotes that need editing
> below, with the necessary changes in bold (or inside
> asterisks or both, depending on your email reader):
>
> *Almost* anyone can practice the technique success-
> fully—more than six million people have learned
> worldwide. If you can think a thought, *and are
> qualified*, you can practice the Transcendental
> Meditation technique.

*******

Anyone can learn TM, but TM is a seed (and, in fact, the TM mantras
are "bija," Sanskrit for "seed," mantras) which needs receptive soil
to grow in. This paradigm is given its classic expression by Jesus in
his Parable of the Sower referenced below.

After many lifetimes, people finally get fed up with the stupidity
and nastiness of ignorant life and become receptive to wisdom (enough
to withstand the stress of an ignorant environment which "choke the
word") -- when they are receptive enough, they get on the road to
enlightenment and begin to live the bliss that is everyone's
birthright.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parable_of_the_Sower

Behold, there went out a sower to sow: And it came to pass, as he
sowed, some fell by the way side, and the fowls of the air came and
devoured it up. And some fell on stony ground, where it had not much
earth; and immediately it sprang up, because it had no depth of
earth: But when the sun was up, it was scorched; and because it had
no root, it withered away. And some fell among thorns, and the thorns
grew up, and choked it, and it yielded no fruit. And other fell on
good ground, and did yield fruit that sprang up and increased; and
brought forth, some thirty, and some sixty, and some a hundred. And
he said unto them, He that has ears to hear, let him hear.

The synoptics then relate:

And when he was alone, they that were about him with the twelve asked
of him the parable. And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to
know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are
without, all these things are done in parables: That seeing they may
see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand;
lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be
forgiven them. And he said unto them, Know ye not this parable? and
how then will ye know all parables? The sower soweth the word. And
these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they
have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that
was sown in their hearts. And these are they likewise which are sown
on stony ground; who, when they have heard the word, immediately
receive it with gladness; And have no root in themselves, and so
endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution
ariseth for the word's sake, immediately they are offended. And these
are they which are sown among thorns; such as hear the word, and the
cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts
of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh
unfruitful. And these are they which are sown on good ground; such as
hear the word, and receive it, and bring forth fruit, some
thirtyfold, some sixty, and some an hundred.