From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:fairfieldl...@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of authfriend
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 9:25 AM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: In Fairfield, Give Peace a chance/Rick is
Enlightened!

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:FairfieldLife%40yahoogroups.com> , "authfriend" <jst...@...> wrote:
<snip>
> I don't know Jerry personally, but just based on
> the times I've heard him speak, I'd be astonished
> if he hadn't recognized MMY's fallibility very
> early on. Unlike many, he wouldn't have been that
> bothered by it, I suspect.

To follow up: In other words, he was able to view
MMY as a Great Seer (if not an avatar!) *as well as*
a fallible human bean; for him, one didn't negate
the other. He was able to embrace the paradox that
so many seem to find troublesome.

True. I tend to see things that way myself. I found Jerry's talk inspiring.
For me, his exalted view of MMY's wisdom and accomplishments didn't clash
with "the rest of the story" as I understand it.

For that matter, I'd be willing to bet there are a
number of people like him in that respect in the
current movement leadership, and that they're the
ones who are leading the fight to reform the TMO.

If that's the case, then Judith's book may well end
up being what tips the balance and saves the TMO.

My thoughts exactly.