--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Ravi Yogi" <raviyogi@...> wrote:
  However by closing the door to
> values like faith and trust one is then remains stunted and in a
cocoon.

Yes, I think this is what happens.  From what I understand about the
opposing view, is that there is no evidence as to the existence of God.
Also, through thorough analysis and deep thought they arrive at this
same conclusion.

I can't argue with their assumptions.  All I can say is that, for me,
there is too much wonder, and simply by being open to this wonder a door
opens to what I might call a divine mystery.  Or things unexplainable.

I just can't envision closing the door to events that can't be explained
by science, or of course, by the present state of science.